Just driven about 700 miles, 350 with a falling weight defectometer trailer in tow, it weighs 1.4 tonnes and my L 200 returned 25 MPG at a generally obedient 60 MPH. The return trip was foot down at 70 min apart from congestion on the M5 and M6 and returned 26.6 MPG. It is a long time since I drove so many miles in one day, isn't red bull wonderful. Anyway the point of the post is to say how fantastic a Tom Tom One is, I did this journey last year without a GPS device and stayed in various hotels to break the journey, however the small industrial park that is the monopoly of Dynatest is not that easy to find, unless you have a Tom Tom or similar sat nav. Even though I had been there last year the amount of driving around last year to find the place left the mind confused, an age thing. Tom Tom with Joanna Lumley's voice took me there, once off the motorway through country lanes straight to my destination. My Tom Tom One was bought from ebay for about £70 nearly unused and I should have had one years ago to find my way around Glasgow and Edinburgh, cities that you think you know, but drive in circles trying to park near where you're going, which was not where you thought it was. Sat Nav in cars I just discovered is brilliant, I am years behind others, what else I am missing? twitter?

6 Responses to “Tom Tom travels”

1. April 8, 2009 at 11:51 am

Did this blog used to be on blogspot?

2. Ian April 8, 2009 at 5:46 pm

no, never on blogspot

3. April 9, 2009 at 12:02 pm

You can choose to have Joanna Lumley for your sat nav?? There is something very strange with this option, a Scottish guy prefering an English accent AND listening to directions from a woman!! AMAZING!! One might think that there are some evolved Scottish men about the locale after all.

4. April 13, 2009 at 1:47 pm

What`s up with the tried and tested A-Z.I have heard from a few friends that their in car sat-nav`s have led them into dead end`s, oneway system`s etc.Sounds a bit dissfunctional to me.

5. Ian April 13, 2009 at 7:49 pm

I have just posted how good it is, people are inclined to the negative when addressing a subject, particularly if humour results. Newspapers make a living from this attitude. Perhaps your friends read to many newspapers and or cannot program a sat nav. Wan s in disfunctional, by the way.

6. April 25, 2009 at 2:36 pm